Sunday, February 20, 2011

And then they came....

Sliding down to the river on the old Treesbank Ferry approach.
It has only been two months since we had our first guests and I am smiling at how many people have come.   They were all very nice, down-to-earth people just looking for a place to spend quality time together.  I am so glad that the guesthouse is attracting people that like doing outdoor winter activities.  The first guests used the snowshoes, the second guests tried out the cross-country ski trails and borrowed the toboggan and last night's guests came all the way from Winnipeg by snowmobile!  The funny part was that I hadn't even noticed that they spoke French until they were about to leave.  That was when Isabelle, my neighbor came into the yard for our weekly ski and they heard us chatting in French, next thing you know, the whole yard was sounding like Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes.  So, I thought about the fact that NOTHING I have on the web is in French and people wouldn't even know that we speak French except by accident.  On that note, I think I should at least make a resolution to do a few blog entries in French.  That will mean using the French accents on the keyboard, like the ç in français and the é in a good cup of thé and I will probably make a few mistakes, but at least that way we may have more chance meeting the francophones out there who are looking for a B&B.  The phone just rang, and next weekend is reserved for another family.  I love that, when I'm in the middle of blogging, I get a reservation.  The kids love it, when I say another family is coming out for a visit.   One of the things that I think made this woman choose our B&B is that we have a barbecue available for guests to use.  It is a lucky thing that she asked about the barbecue, to make sure that it was available during the winter because actually,  it is still new in the box and we will need five hours to assemble it and gather up some barbecue tools before they come next Friday!  I love having a way to get Ray to help me do something faster, hee hee.  If I were to try to assemble it on my own, it would be a disaster.  Well, we can't all be good at everything.  I am going to tell you one thing that I can do well, and next time I want to babble on some more about it.  Okay, here it is, I make my own granola from scratch, and it is mighty tasty.  I put it in a great big jar on the counter for the B&B guests, and I hope to make little "recipe" postcards so that people can take a souvenir when they go and make it at their house.   Yes, I have many plans.  We'll see.  In the meantime, thank you for reading my ramblings.

à bientôt!
Sheila
ps.  la prochaine blog sera-t-il en français?

No comments:

Post a Comment